This Smokey ~Sweet ~Spicy ~ Sauce is by far my best pepper sauce. Not only can this be used as a dip, it can also serve as a curry base. I made the most yummiest chicken sauce the other day, I liberally added this sauce and some Indian "curry" powder for added flavour, oh man, it was the best, absolutely delicious. You should try this recipe, unbelievably good.
6 Mixed sweet paprika peppers
6 scotch bonnets
2 onions (chopped)
6 garlic cloves (Crushed)
1/3 cup avocado oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon freshly ground black peppercorns
½ teaspoon sea salt
Handful Basil leaves
1. Preheat grill, medium heat.
2. Deseed the sweet peppers, cut them up and place on a large baking tray (skin side up).
3. Place also on the tray, onions, scotch bonnets and then place under the grill. Grill for 15 minutes or until the skin looks burnt. Bring out from the oven and allow to cool.
4. Heat up avocado oil, then add garlic and fry for couple of minutes. Add the grilled peppers, vinegar and basil; stir and fry for 3 minutes. Turn off gas and allow to cool down.
5. Pour in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour mixture in a mason jar and store in the fridge.
If you can easily access your bbq, smoke the peppers for added unique flavour. I will be doing same when next I fire up my bbq.