Monday 1 May 2017

Smokey Sweet Spicy Sauce



This Smokey ~Sweet ~Spicy ~ Sauce is by far my best pepper sauce. Not only can this be used as a dip, it can also serve as a curry base. I made the most yummiest chicken sauce the other day, I liberally added this sauce and some Indian "curry" powder for added flavour, oh man, it was the best, absolutely delicious. You should try this recipe, unbelievably good. 
Ingredients
6 Mixed sweet paprika peppers 
6 scotch bonnets
2 onions (chopped)
6 garlic cloves (Crushed)
1/3 cup avocado oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon freshly ground black peppercorns
½ teaspoon sea salt
Handful Basil leaves

 Instructions 

1. Preheat grill, medium heat.
2. Deseed the sweet peppers, cut them up and place on a large baking tray (skin side up).
3. Place also on the tray, onions, scotch bonnets and then place under the grill. Grill for 15 minutes or until the skin looks burnt. Bring out from the oven and allow to cool.
4. Heat up avocado oil, then add garlic and fry for couple of minutes. Add the grilled peppers, vinegar and basil; stir and fry for 3 minutes. Turn off gas and allow to cool down.
5. Pour in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour mixture in a mason jar and store in the fridge.  


NB.
If you can easily access your bbq, smoke the peppers for added unique flavour. I will be doing same when next I fire up my bbq.  

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for this wonderful recipe. However, for the sake of clarity and for those of us in Nigeria, could you help wit ht local names for paprika pepper and black peppercorn? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes please, something we can recreate in Nigeria, thanks

      Delete
    2. Hello please am new to your blog and already loving it. I was wondering if there was any reply to this post. I am in Ghana so would be grateful if some local names are you. Thank you

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful sauce, I literally use it for everything from adding extra flavor to my stew,to adding to my eggs,for dipping, baking my meat..just name it, God bless you for sharing this recipe

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sauce was originally introduced to me at a local Thai restaurant . This sauce is wonderful for everything. Great post, and I love the color of the sauce.

    ReplyDelete