200g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
200g butter (at room temperature)
½ cup Milo
250g cooking Milk Chocolate
½ cup sugar
¼ teaspoon Vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 160 C. Grease a square baking pan, then line with parchment/baking paper.
2. In a bowl, combine flour, milo, baking powder; set aside.
3. Place milk chocolate in a bowl, microwave until melted, set aside as well.
4. Combine sugar and butter in a sand mixer, beat until light or pale in colour. Now gradually add the eggs and continue to beat until well combined. Beat for about 3 – 4 minutes. You will know the egg – butter – sugar mix is ready, when the mixture looks all foamy with bubbles.
5. Add vanilla, using a spatula, stir in. Sift in the flour mix and fold in gently. Once folded in, add the melted milk chocolate and gradually fold in.
7. Scoop in batter into the prepared tin and smooth the surface. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes or until rise and springy to touch. Leave to cool before transferring onto a cooling rack to cool down further. Enjoy warm or cold with milk.