For chicken seasoning
1 teaspoon Foodace Grill mix
1 knorr cube (optional)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon curry powder
2 njangsa seeds (optional)
1.2kg chicken (thighs and drumsticks)
1 tablespoon Foodace All Purpose seasoning
1 cup plain flour
1/3 cup corn flour
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon dried dill/basil/parsley
(Place all in a baking tray, mix to combine and set aside).
Season with little sea salt.
(whisk and set aside).
PS: use bowl/tray that is big enough to accommodate more than 2 chicken at once.
1 cup Light cream
1. Place chicken in a bowl, season with sea salt (toss to ensure they are well coated) and leave to rest for about 10 minutes.
2. Blend together All purpose seasoning, Grill mix, Knorr cube, curry powder and njansa seeds.
3. Add the blended mix in the chicken bowl, again ensure that they are all coated with the spice blend. Cover with cling film, place in the fridge and allow to marinate for 1 – 2 hours or more if you have got the time.
4. Once chicken is out of the fridge, pour in the light cream, lightly toss, again to ensure chicken pieces are coated.
5. Using a thong or your hand/fingers, take out the chicken pieces, one after another, dip in the whisked eggs, lightly coat and then transfer onto the flour tray, toss around to ensure they are well coated, then, transfer to a clean tray, leave the coated chicken pieces to rest for about 5 – 7 minutes.
6. While the chicken pieces are resting, heat up oil for frying (I used cast iron deep pan). Once heated, fry chicken in batches.
7. Transfer fried crispy chicken pieces to a lined baking tray, mix 1 tablespoon honey and 1 teaspoon lime juice, coat the chicken using pastry brush.
8. Preheat oven, gas 160 degree Celsius, place chicken in the oven (reduce gas oven to 100) for about 7 – 10 minutes. Serve hot.