2 whole Tilapia
1 tablespoon Foodace Pepper soup spice.
1 tablespoon smokey sauce
1 onion (sliced)
1/3 cup sunflower
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black peppercorns
2 tablespoons Maggi Liquid seasoning.
1. Wash the Tilapia, pat dry with paper towel. Then make 3 incisions on both sides of the fish. Sea with salt, cover with cling film and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
2. Heat up oil and fry onion until caramelised. This should take about 5 – 7 minutes. Allow to cool down.
3. In a blender, place the Njangsa, Foodace Pepper soup spice, smokey sauce, maggi seasoning, black peppercorns and the caramelised onion. Blend until smooth.
4. Rub on the fish, leave to rest for about 30 minutes.
5. Pre-heat oven/grill (oven gas 120 degrees Celsius or if using grill, turn to medium heat).
6. Grill/roast until cooked through, this should take about 10 - 15 minutes. Cooking time all depends on the fish size and also your type of oven; it may take longer time or less.
7. In between grilling time, baste fish with oil (not a lot), this helps speed up cooking and makes the skin of the fish a little crispy.
8. Serve hot with whatever tickles your fancy; pepper sauce, vegetables, roasted plantain…