1 kg chicken (thighs and drumsticks)
20g ginger (grated)
2 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoon Sherry Vinegar (or any of choice)
Juice of half lemon
1 and ½ cup water
1 tablespoon Foodace All Purpose Seasoning
¼ teaspoon freshly cracked black peppercorn (optional)
Crispy coating ingredients
1 and 1/3 cup plain flour
1/3 cup corn flour
1 teaspoon freshly cracked black peppercorn
¼ teaspoon Sea salt
½ cup whole milk
1 teaspoon honey
1 tablespoon Natural Tree syrup or maple syrup
½ small lemon (juiced)
½ teaspoon avocado oil
1. In a bowl, add all ingredients from ingredient 1, cover with cling film and leave in the fridge for 2 – 3 hours.
2. Take out the chicken from the bowl, place on a plate and set aside.
3. Now, season chicken further by adding the dry seasoning (Foodace All Purpose seasoning and black peppercorn), set aside.
4. In a large bowl, mix together the crispy coating ingredients.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients and set aside.
6. Heat up oil for deep frying, once heated; dip each chicken piece in the wet mix, and then in the dry mix. Ensure that the pieces are well coated, shake off the excess and carefully place in the hot oil.
7. Fry for 5 minutes on each side or until brown. Remove from the oil and place on a baking tray. Repeat the process till all pieces are fried.
8. Mix all glaze ingredients, then coat with chicken. Place in preheated oven gas 140C and allow to roast for 5 minutes.
9. Serve hot or cold.