1kg king prawns
1 tablespoon Foodace All purpose seasoning
oil for frying
2 small eggs
1/2 cup self raising flour
1 tablespoon garlic
1/4 cup bread crumbs
3 tablespoons corn flour
Pinch of salt
- Clean king prawns, using a kitchen tissue, pat dry.
- Place in a bowl, add Foodace All purpose seasoning, mix to coat the prawns, leave for 5 minutes.
- Crack eggs in a bowl, whisk and set aside.
- Place the rest of the dry ingredients in another bowl, stir and set aside.
- Place prawns in the bowl containing whisked eggs, leave to soak for about 2 - 3 minutes.
- Place a deep frying pan over a medium-high heat, fill 3 quarter of it with frying oil and heat up. To check if the oil is hot enough, toss a little flour in, if it bubbles, then oil is ready.
- Now, remove prawns from the whisked eggs and into the flour mix; toss to coat and deep fry for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Transfer cooked prawns to a double layered kitchen tissue. Repeat the process for the remaining one.