4 frozen mackerel fillets (I buy from Iceland)
1 teaspoon Foodace All Purpose seasoning
½ teaspoon Foodace Grill Mix
2 garlic cloves (crushed)
2 fresh tomatoes
2 paprika peppers
1 scotch bonnet
1 small onion
¼ cup avocado oil
1 knorr chicken cube
2 handfuls spinach
salt to taste
1. Place mackerel fillets on a microwavable plate, microwave to defrost or allow to thaw overnight.
2. Once defrosted, drain out the water, season with the Grill mix and Himalayan salt.
3. Place tomatoes, paprika peppers, onion and scotch bonnets in a food processor and process; just roughly chopped.
4. Heat up avocado oil in a medium sauce pan/pot, fry the fillets for 3 minutes on each side, skin side first.
5. Once frying time is up, take out the fillets and place on a plate. Add in the roughly chopped tomato mix, season with knorr cube, Foodace All purpose seasoning and then fry until the juice dries a little bit, this should take about 8 – 10 minutes.
6. Then add back the fried mackerel fillets, break them up into smaller pieces. Stir in and taste. Adjust taste by adding either salt or seasoning cubes.
7. Cover pot with lid, leave to simmer on low heat for 5 minutes. Then add spinach, stir in, once wilts, turn of the gas and serve hot. Can be eaten with bread, boiled yam, fried/boiled plantain…