1.2 kg oxtail.
1 teaspoon sea salt.
1 tablespoon Foodace Pepper soup spice.
1 medium size onion (finely diced).
2 scotch bonnets.
2 and ½ cup of water.
1 and ½ knorr cubes (bouillon cubes).
1 small paprika pepper (finely chopped).
2 garlic cloves.
4 Njangsa seeds (optional).
Basil/scent leaves (finely sliced).
2 tablespoons avocado oil.
1. Wash oxtail, place in a sieve, sprinkle the salt and toss around to ensure salt spreads evenly.
2. Heat up avocado oil, add half of the diced onion and the paprika pepper; fry for couple of minutes, then add the oxtail; season further with the knorr cubes and Foodacepepper soup spice.
3. Sear oxtail for 5 – 7 minutes on high heat to seal in flavour, stir occasionally to avoid burning.
4. Now, blend together garlic, Njangsa, the remaining diced onion and scotch bonnets; blend with 1 cup of water.
5. Pour the blended mix into the oxtail pot and add extra 1 and ½ cups of water.
6. Stir in, taste and adjust taste either by adding more seasoning cubes or salt.
7. Cover pot with lid, then transfer on to a medium gas burner (reduce gas to the lowest), allow the oxtail to cook slowly for 45 minutes to an hours or until meat is tender.
8. Add basil leaves once cooked, allow for few minutes and serve hot.