1/2 cup palm oil
1/3 cup crayfish
3 scotch bonnet
1 cup meat stock
2 knorr cubes
Sea salt to taste
1 and 1/2 small onion
2 smoked Turkey legs (cut into small pieces)
500g of Mixed meat (shaki and deboned Cow foot)
4 dried fishes (washed with cold water)
90g uzziza leaves or 2 handfuls (roughly chopped)
2 small paprika pepper
1. Wash deboned cow foot and shaki, place in a pressure pot. Season with 1 knorr cube, sea salt and 1/2 onion. Cook for 25 minutes or less, depending on how tender you love your meat.
2. In a big pot, place the smoked Turkey, pressure cooked meat, washed dried fishes and then add 1 cup of meat stock from the pressure cooked mixed meat; bring to boil. Allow to cook for 5 minutes (I cooked on the biggest burner).
3. Wash the crayfish, scotch bonnets and 1 onion; blend with very little water until smooth. Add this into the pot as well.
4. Now, add palm oil and season with 1 knorr cube. Stir, cover pot and allow to cook for another 3 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, while the base of the soup is still cooking; combine uzziza and paprika peppers in a food processor and blend until finely chopped. Set aside. Also, blend the spinach and kale in the food processor, separately and set them aside.
6. ** BACK TO THE SOUP BASE** Once 3 minutes is up, taste and season further with salt if need be. Once satisfied with the taste, add the blended Uzziza and paprika mix, stir and leave to cook for like 3 - 4 minutes.
7. Next, add kale, stir and allow to cook for another 3 - 4 minutes; stir occasionally. Finally add the spinach, stir in. Once wilted, turn of the gas and enjoy.
You can swap kale for Ugu.