It is never fun when one gets down with cough, especially persistent dry cough. Oh! dry cough is a terrible thing to have and our Danica mama is always coming down with cold and cough, hence my quest for natural remedies that works wonders for us. I have other cough remedies previously posted on here, you can check out old posts to find them.
So, this cough remedy is our permanent solution to dry stubborn cough, it really does work for us. My only issue is that I slack so much in making sure we have this remedy constantly at home, not just only when cough comes knocking. I am so glad to be sharing this recipe with you all, not only does it make the cough disappear, it also detoxifies the body. If you can, drink this every day, especially when you wake up in the morning...
4 lemons (Juiced)
1 lime (Juiced)
30g fresh ginger
1/2 teaspoon Apple cider
1 cup warm water
3 tablespoons Manuka Honey
3 strawberries (cut into small pieces)
1/3 cup water
1. In a small saucepan, add the strawberries and 1/3 cup of water. Bring to boil and allow simmering for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool down.
2. Wash ginger, cut and place in a blender. Add warm water and blend until smooth (do not peel off the skin of the ginger).
3. Place a nut milk bag over a clean jug, then strain the strawberries, blended ginger, lemon and lime juice. Put on a pair of gloves and squeeze the bag. Set the nut milk bag aside.
4. Now, add honey and Apple cider; stir the mixture until well combined. Pour the remedy into a clean jar with lid and refrigerate. This can stay in the fridge for up to a month.
5. Drink this every 4 hours; 15 ml for a child and for adults 30 ml or more as and when required.
I hope this works magic for you and yours. Thank you for visiting my blog.
Please note that honey is only recommended for children age 1 and above.