500g lean minced beef
2 tablespoons Foodace Fish Seasoning (it works for everything)
2 garlic cloves (crushed and finely chopped)
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
I free range egg
pinch of salt
For Tomato sauce
1 large fresh tomatoes
4 large paprika peppers
1/2 onion (diced)
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 garlic cloves
1 cup meat stock
Basil leaves (chopped)
salt to taste
- combine all ingredients in a stand mixer, using the flat beater, beat until well combined.
- Take little ball, wet hands and roll into meatball.
- Continue same for the rest, until the minced mix is finished.
- Place in a bowl, cover with cling film and leave to rest in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Heat up a non-stick frying pan, add 2 tablespoon sunflower oil and fry the meatballs until brown (just as seen in photo above).
- Set aside.
For tomato sauce
In a blender, combine paprika peppers, 1 onion, garlic and tomato. Blend until you achieve a smooth consistence.
Transfer onto a sieve and allow the water to drain OR transfer to a pot and boil until water evaporated.
Add oil to the pot, diced onion and allow frying. Once it starts bubbling, reduce gas heat to lowest, the meatballs, meat stock and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes.
Add salt to taste, if need be.
In a large pot, add water and bring to boil.
Per boil pasta (I used 1/2 pack and boiled for like 5 minutes)
Drain and run cold water through, just so they do not cook any further.
Transfer per boiled pasta into the meatball sauce.
Stir until well coated with meatball sauce (as seen in picture above). Add salt to taste, if need be.
cover pot with lid and bring to boil.
Turn heat to the lowest and allow simmering until pasta is cooked to satisfaction.
This is just like cooking jollof rice.