Preparation time: 30 minutes
cooking time: 10 - 15 minutes
Makes 17 cupcakes
225g self raising flour
125g salted butter
125ml whole milk (any milk of choice)
50g milk chocolate
80g fudge chunks
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
1 and 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
200g icing sugar
6 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon lemon extract
sprinkles of choice
1. In a microwavable bowl, place the butter, fudge and chocolate; melt for 1 minute 30 seconds. Once melted, stir to combine.
2. In a bowl, combine the eggs and milk. Set aside
3. Add sugar, maple syrup, vanilla; mix to combine. Sift in the flour, baking powder and ginger. The add in the milk mixture.
4. Using a spatula, gently combine until mixed properly.
5. Line the cupcake tin with cupcake paper cases, scoop in the mixture using ice cream scoop. Place in a pre-heated oven 180C for 10 - 15 minutes until cracked and well risen. Leave in the tin to completely cool before drizzling the icing.
Making the ICING
Sift icing sugar into a bowel, add the Milk and Lemon extract; mix until completely smooth and forms a spoonable icing.
Allow to sit for 30 minutes before used.