2 and 1/2 cups self raising flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 of (1/4) cups Nido powder milk (i.e 1/4 cup + 1/4 cup)
1 cup + 2 of (1/4) cups warm water
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
Oil for deep frying
- Place all dry ingredient in a mixing bowl, then crack in the eggs, followed by water.
- Using your hand, mix until well mixed.
- Cover with cling film and set aside.
- In a deep pot or wok, add oil for deep frying and heat up.
- Once heated, scoop in the batter into the hot oil, fry until golden brown.
- Transfers fried buns on to a kitchen tissue, so excess oil can soaked out.ni
- Turn off gas before frying the next batch. (because the oil is still very hot, it will fry the batter up to the point that it starts to float, at this point, turn on the gas and fry till golden brown.
- Repeat the process for the rest.
- Enjoy hot.